Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Like a time bomb

I'm stuck in a conundrum. I'm too aggressive for the quiet and shy type of guy and yet I'm not right for the loud and aggressive type. Where the hell does that leave me? In the middle? Purgatory? Well, that isn't much fun and I've just about had it. I've had plenty of time to think this week. I need a plan. Do I need to be that cutesy flirty girl that all the guys ask out? The one that has a good wholesome reputation (even though the reputation isn't deserved, she's a ho like the rest of us). Do I really want to be someone that I'm not? I'm a flirt. I know that. I just don't try to hide the fact that I am. Me? Be cute? On purpose? That's just nauseating...

I'll have to figure something out. I'm bored and I want to sit and rent movies with someone I care about when it's cold and snowy out.

I realize that's a lot to want...

So I was nasty. I hadn't showered in a few days and I forced myself to take one today. That's what I do when I'm sick. I get lazy as hell and forget to try to be a normal functioning human being.

I read a few more books the past few days. I read About a Boy by Nick Hornby and Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. About a Boy was fine. I don't think it was a great enough story to make a movie about it. Lullaby was brilliant. I must look up more Chuck Palahniuk the next time I find myself at the bookstore. A friend suggested him to me a few years ago because I am so enamored with Irvine Welsh. The friend didn't tell me enough about this guy's books. I need a book to be so off the top unrealistic that it could possibly happen. I've got some reading to do.

Namby-pamby books about love sick fools are for the birds.

No, I haven't gone back to work yet. I've only been to Rite-Aid, Sunflower Market and Blockbuster Video. I need a note to go back to work and my doctor won't give me one yet. I keep running a temperature at night. I will probably go back on Sunday. Until then, I get to stay low and keep on reading. I don't have a TV that gets any reception (I refuse to pay for cable and rabbit ears are hideous) so all I can do is rent movies and read. It's strange, I've enjoyed reading more than watching the movies I rented.

I rented:
Morvern Callar
Dark City
Taking Lives
Miracle
Man on Fire

I've seen Dark City before and should probably own it by now. I just don't have a comment on the other movies except to say that I need to take a list with me the next time I go to rent movies. What the hell was I thinking??

I do have plans to join a bar crawl for charity on Saturday afternoon. I just don't get to drink... I gotta wear shades...