Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I am the Crime

So I took out my last post. Probably because it was a little too honest but here is the first paragragh:

Some people never go away. They stay like that piece of gum stuck on the sidewalk outside of your house. No matter how hard you try to get rid of it it never really goes away. Then there are times when someone gets bored and decides to pick at with a stick and then it just gets spread around more. Then they blame you for not taking care of the gum as soon as you saw it. I did take care of the gum if people would stop picking at it it will go away!

Long story short - the "gum" is no longer my problem.

Anyway, I've been working on this ass kicking paper all day today. I had to stop for a few hours to pick up my patient assignment for tomorrow. On the drive home Kentucky Fried Chicken had protesters out front complaining of the abuse that KFC apparently inflicts on chickens. Don't people have anything better to do on a beautiful Saturday afternoon? Really. I don't care about chickens. In fact, I hate all birds (even if they are pretty to look at). They might be tasty to eat but they are some of the stupidest creatures on the planet. I know my hatred of those ghastly beasts goes back to my childhood in Iceland. I seriously think that some day one of those things will try to peck my eyes out. Therefore, I really don't care about the treatment of birds that were born to be killed. I am normally a compassionate person but not on the subject of birds. A sunny Saturday should not be spent on the corner of Colorado Boulevard and Alameda holding up a sign. Chickens! Gah! Save the chickens! Save the chickens! Screw all those people with cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and other life altering diseases lets try to save the chickens!

We all have our causes and priorities...

Watching those people reminded me of the time I actually drove around the block at the state capitol so I could yell and flip off a group of organized protesters. They can have whatever opinion they want but I had mine that day too.