Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sorry to bother you

Ok. I'm minding my own business then I get a message via MySpace from a random guy. At first it's kind of cool and then I sort of find it insulting. Here is the message in full:
Subject: Sorry to bother you

Hi,

I just started here on Myspace and I noticed that we graduated from (insert name of school here) school the same year. So my question is, your name Karen? And if so, why is a good looking girl like you still single? I hope to hear back from you.

-J
Why does this annoy me?
  1. My birthday is in a few weeks
  2. The question insinuates that there must be something wrong with me if I'm STILL single.
  3. He started with an apology in the subject line. If you didn't want to bother me, then don't.
He probably didn't mean it the way that I read it. My first response to him is:
Why am I single? Why the fuck are you divorced and with children?
I'm not going to send a response today. It's probably best if I kept the clicking of my keyboard to my real blog and let my mind settle. It's not my fault that he didn't read the email before he hit send. Grr...

In other news...
I'm planning on going back to the doctor tomorrow for several reasons:
  1. I have a full systemic rash.
  2. A classmate was just diagnosed with shingles (aka chicken pox for adults or varicella)
I just need to make sure I'm having an allergic reaction to my antibiotics and not the fucking chicken pox. Grr... umph.