Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I think I need a new left ankle and foot

I don't know if I mentioned that I dropped a 5 pound machine on top of my foot a few weeks ago at work or not. Anyway, I did. I had to go to employee health to have a doctor check it out. It seems I'm bound and determined to get myself a brand new pair of crutches soon.

I was leaving work yesterday, came out of the shadow into bright sunlight, was sifting in my backpack for my sunglasses, and took a giant digger on the sidewalk. It was classic. My backpack was thrown 5 feet in front of me, my jacket flew behind me, and the newspaper (Onion) I was carrying went flailing into a bush. I somehow ended up doing a 180 and facing the opposite direction of what I was walking. I would normally be thoroughly embarrassed but I was in so much pain I couldn't talk for a few minutes. I just sat there while a family walked right by me. A guy that was near talking on his cell phone came over and picked up the newspaper and my jacket. When he got off of it he asked if I was ok and I said I was. It was all sort of surreal. There was a minute or so that I didn't know if I could walk or not. That sort of freaked me out. Luckily for me, my sister was working yesterday too so I could have just called her to come down and get me. Have I ever mentioned my sister is a nurse at the same hospital? Well, now you know.

My ankle is fine. It's just a little sore today. I think I twisted my back though. It's all jacked up today. I'm walking hunched over and it hurts to stand up straight.

It is the same ankle that I twisted on the way out of the hi-dive a few weeks ago. That was a decent digger but I really don't recall too much of the incident... thanks to my friends Jagermeister, tequila and vodka.