Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Empire of Dirt

I will never be late to a show at Red Rocks again. Never.


Kara and I went and saw Bauhaus and NIN. It was still light out when Bauhaus played. I took this picture when Bauhaus was playing. You can't even see them in the photo. I was hoping that the skyline would be a little more visible too.

I don't really have much to say about the performances. Nothing can compare to the Bauhaus show from last fall. NIN were better this time than the time I saw them at the Pepsi Center with A Perfect Circle. They still weren't better than the first time I saw them at the Glen Miller Ballroom when they opened for JAMC. I saw them a time or two in between but it doesn't matter. Here's what I have to say briefly about NIN:

  • Great light show
  • No encore
  • Trent Reznor isn't skinny anymore.
  • I think I saw neck rolls on Trent.
  • Great energy
  • I need to go to more shows at Red Rocks.
  • On the way in, a guy was upset when he couldn't bring in his camera. Idiot.
  • My camera was well hidden.


That just about sums it up. I had a great time with Kara. I need to spend more time with her. She understands me better than anyone except for Marlo. It's just good to be around friends that you don't feel the need to have dumbass platonic conversations.