Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Right there...


I started a bit of an experiment this morning. I sent out a text message that said, "Go get me some breakfast." to 5 people just to see what they would say and what sort of reaction I would get. Only 2 of the 5 people are currently in Denver so I knew most wouldn't really take it literally. I only heard back from 2 of them. One was a straight up "no". I hit the jackpot with the other one. I've been expecting a breakfast burrito delivery from Texas all day today. Greg, you're a great friend. I'm expecting lunch tomorrow. I would like a Giovanni from Fat Jack's since I've been craving one for weeks. Thanks.

I started allergy shots last week. I have two sets going (one in each arm). The one that is killing me is the tree shot. I walked out of there today with a giant welt on my arm and it was itching like crazy. The other shot that has all grasses, weeds and cats isn't as bad. My tree arm was a bit numb for a good portion of the day. I'm trying to get my immunity up as soon as possible so I don't get as sick as I have in the fall the last few years.


I stopped off at Barnes and Noble to spend a gift certificate that a patient gave me last month. I was looking at what they had for Bukowski to see if there is anything that I fancied picking up and noticed Jimmy fucking Buffet next to him. He wrote a book about that Margaritaville crap. For crying out loud, make it stop. I was forced to listen to it at parties and barbecues in college and it is still haunting me. I know he has a giant following but I just don't get it. I would rather put lit matches into my ears then have to listen to 20 seconds of one of his songs.


I can do some pretty fast damage at a bookstore. I walked in with a $20 credit and walked out after spending 100 bucks. Eesh. I won't even have the time to read most of the books until next year...


I could fake it but I still want more - Massive Attack
This post is dedicated to the color purple.