Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Shoot me Now.

People are stupid. They really are.

I was at work the other day when a coworker and a patient's family member (PFM) approached me with a problem. Her cell phone wasn't charging. I looked at the wires to make sure they were intact and showed no signs of stress. They were fine. One of them suggested that we may need to call maintenance for this critical issue. Someone might die if they can't be reached via cell phone! The horror!

PFM states, "Whenever it's charging the phone says it is on the screen. When I plug it in here (at the hospital) it doesn't say anything. It's almost out of battery and I don't know what to do."

I have the same brand of phone so I knew what she was talking about. I decided to test her assumption that the electrical outlets at the hospital don't work with her charger. When they installed the outlets years ago they may have not made them universal to all electrical cords. I plug it in and as promised it didn't say "charging" on the screen.

I asked, "How many bars did you have before you plugged it in here?"

She responded, "One".

I unplug the phone from the charger with all bars lit up. Apparently her phone doesn't ALWAYS say charging when it's plugged in. She didn't bother to apologize for wasting my time. Last I checked I worked at a hospital, not a hotel, and by golly we don't have electricians on call 24/7 to fix her electrical equipment. We could however treat her to a slap upside the head to go with that lobotomy she had at some point in time. Pbbt.