Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Friday, August 20, 2004

She Sells Sanctuary

The Cult

I went out after my 12 hour shift on Wednesday to get drinks with Sonya. It was fun but I had to be at work at 7am on Thursday. Ugh.

We were short staffed at work on Thursday. So I went out for beers again last night.

I got home at about 11:30pm to find a waterfall in my kitchen. Fuck. I was flipping tired and the last thing I wanted to do was clean up nasty water in my kitchen and dining room. My drywall is not dry.

I ran upstairs and asked my neighbor to turn off her dishwasher until they can figure out the problem. I went to my other neighbor's house (adjacent to mine, is that right? Her kitchen and dining room mirror mine.) to see if she needed any help with the water in her place. We stood on her Pergo floors trying to squeeze out the water. Her floors are fucked. I luckily just have cheap ass nasty carpet.

She offered me a beer. Then she offered me another one. We ended up shit-faced. It was fun. Then I started to pass out around 4am.

I'm just sick of all this water damage happening at my house. I might rip up the carpet, polish the concrete, seal it and call it a floor. It would help with all these little indoor floods we keep on having.

Pfft. Water damage blows...