Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Monday, December 20, 2004

I am a pirate

I suck. I know.

I haven't had access to the internet at home for a few weeks. I had to get rid of my dial up. It was driving me insane.

I still don't have access at home that I can rely on. Tonight, the guy that I've been dating hooked me up with a wireless card. My neighbor and I are going to start sharing her cable modem stuff with a wireless router (I know I don't know the proper terminology but I think you get my point). He couldn't get the router to work because Comcast configured her modem strangely so he has to do some research to get it to work. Until then I am officially pirating wireless from my neighbors. I have three near me with weak signals that I can switch between until it's fixed. Hopefully he can get it fixed when he comes over for dinner on Wednesday night.

I really don't have much to write about tonight. A ton of stuff has happened lately but it's too much to put here. Plus, I think it's a little dull too.

I do need to mention a sign at the Grease Monkey on Colorado Blvd and Louisiana (I'm pretty sure it's Louisiana). This is what the sign says:

Can food drive
Up to $5 off!

Every time I drive by that sign, it drives me crazy. All I do is wonder if food can drive or not. Then I think about Aqua Teen Hunger Force and wonder if Frylock drives or if Meatwad still drags them in a cart. Finally, I get pissed and want to call them and talk to them about their grammar issues. Alas, in the end I do nothing because I think they may have written it that way on purpose to get the attention of people like me. Pfft. I think my issues just might outweigh any grammar issues they have.

I am obsessed with those announcement boards on the side of the road. I especially like the ones churches post. My favorite is the Lovingway church just north of that Grease Monkey. A few years ago, I was doing the good old "drive of shame" home after a fun night of debauchery. The sign was perfect for that morning:

The sign of the beast
Sex, Sex, Sex

I should start taking pictures of the good signs with my camera phone. It has to be good for something.