Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Hook...

I'm all giddy. I got an email today that Peter Hook will be in Denver on January 20th to guest DJ. That isn't earth shattering news to very many people but it is to me.

I talked to him once. I was 17 and he was out walking in the crowds at Red Rocks. No one recoginized him for some reason. I don't know how you couldn't miss a man wearing leather pants and shirt in what seemed like 90 degree weather. I was a little warm and was outside most of the day in order to get front row seats. I have no idea what the drug of choice was that day. I recall attempting to talk to the man and fumbling my words. I know for sure that I was able to tell him how much I adored "In a Lonely Place". It isn't my favorite but I think it was at the time. If I saw him today I would probably just leave him alone. He must get plenty of idiots vying for his attention that he doesn't need me bugging him again almost 20 years later.

Shit, that really makes me feel old.

I was exactly 17 1/2 that day - September 8th, 1987.