Hello!

I'm on a blogation. I'll still be reading your posts through Google reader or Bloglines every few days so I can keep up with what's happening in your lives/head. As always, you can email me - shmeder at gmail.







I won't be coming back here.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The rootbeer flavor is a little nasty though

I took "their" advice for once, ate dinner before going to the grocery and had a list on the back of an envelope (a credit card app. solicitation).

My list consisted of the following in this order:
  1. Cat litter
  2. Bottle Caps
  3. Milk
  4. Bread?
Way at the bottom of the used envelope I wrote:
Paper Destruction Service

I picked up a pack of Bottle Caps last week at the amusement park and decided that I fancy them and miss them. I went through a scoopable cat litter phase and decided that I hate it. The itsy bitsy granules get stuck in Chunk's paws and they get strewn all over the house. Plus, I can't commit to scooping every day but I can commit to changing out the litter once a week. Not to mention, scoopable is a total fucking rip-off. Man, they charge a ton for something your cat is going to crap in. The advertising worked and people *think* they need scoopable. The scoopable folks could have improved cat litter even more. They should have made it so that cats use it for puking. That's a product I would consider buying.

Eating dinner before I went worked. Here's what I did get:
  1. Cat litter
  2. Laundry detergent
  3. Fabric softener
  4. Milk
  5. A few boxes of granola bars for my car (my car gets hungry)
  6. Yogurt
  7. Dried fruit
  8. Snatch on DVD for 8 bucks
I think I did ok.

I used to have Snatch on VHS and let a friend recovering from surgery borrow it. When she gave me back my videos she swore that she owned Snatch AND Being John Malkovich. I tried to be polite and then gave in figuring the friendship wasn't worth losing over a few bucks. How big of me. I haven't talked to her in a few years. How stupid of me.

It was wishful thinking to hope that they sell Bottle Caps at the grocery store. I don't need them. I want them. How Veruca Salt of me. Now it turns into a mission to see where in Denver I can find Bottle Caps. I may end up in the candy aisle at Walgreens but that is a dangerous situation for me. I will walk out with Snow Caps, Raisinets and Sugar Babies while I'm there. Shit, just stick the fat on my ass now while I'm thinking about it.

So much for only buying things on the list.

Now here's my problem. I have a ton of shredding to do. A few months ago I cleaned out some stuff in my desk but it all needs to be shredded. I'm sick of looking at the box. On Monday I decided to start using my shredder that only takes 5 sheets at a time. I didn't even put a dent in the box and the machine kept on overheating. Is there somewhere I can go that has an industrial shredder?